Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm Back!

It's been a while since I last posted here...after my last events, which took place during Thanksgiving weekend, I went on a month long vacation to California to spend time with my dads side of the family. The trip was great, the weather was warm, and I got to do lots of fun touristy stuff that I usually don't get to do when I'm out there. This is mainly due to the fact that I'm usually in SoCal for one of my many cousins weddings. Anywho, since Bushra and Ali's wedding events, things have been fairly quiet for the most part. But as the weather gets nicer and spring begins to show its face the wedding season is starting to pick up. I actually shot my sisters sister in laws (Aisha's) dholki this past weekend, which was held in Staten Island. A dholki is a pre-wedding event in which the bride's friends and family get together and sing traditional wedding songs. It was a nice and elegant event and I had fun shooting that night.

Today, I was contacted by two brides-to-be who wanted to know my rates and see samples of my work. One client called me late this evening and confirmed me for her mehndi event, which is THIS Friday! That just happens to be my birthday and the day of a job interview for a photography studio. I only have two days to prepare for both the interview and the mehndi, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. The next few days should be nice and busy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment